Friday, June 06, 2008

Looking for Beauty

I've felt pretty antsy this week. Give me a car. Let me drive somewhere. A park, a campsite, a mountain to hike...i'd accept a small hill. Give me some beauty! I miss our simple Cottonwood Park down the street from our old house in Richardson...a walking trail, a pond with ducks to feed, swings, picnic tables.

Today we happened across this lovely area. It might seem like any old park scene, but this place really lifted my spirits today! :) The girls' too...

Kathryn was delighted to discover she was in complete control over these pigeons as she held the prized bread in hand.





















































Look at our garden!
(I kept the top sign so you'd believe this is really China.)



















My new screensaver! :)



















Where do you go to look for beauty near your home?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a beautiful set of girls!

Thanks for putting these pictures online, Sweets.

Love,
Jim

Unknown said...

I'm having flashbacks to the amazing Dallas Arboretum! what a splendid place that was...definitely a treasure for us throughout our seminary years. i can dido the "need" for green, for beauty, for wide open spaces...dixie chicks song :) we had to be creative in E city (hard after moving from Dallas with great spots for kiddos) and now, surprisingly, in Northern VA not at all far from our nation's capital there are SO many amazing parks, trails, etc. SUCH a blessing after the drought of kiddo friendly parks in EC...we literally played at the dump which they named FUN JUNKTION, the town's only real park (you stared at & smelled the mountain of trash as you pushed your kiddos in the swings...such a drastic change from White Rock Lake park swings!