Tuesday, May 27, 2008

They Planted a Tree!

The view out the window of our apartment building has been a dirt field. (You may remember seeing it pictured in the backdrop of the smoke tower which fueled our winter heat.) I have often wondered what they were going to do with it…surely build more apartments I suspected. After the coldest part of the winter, they starting bulldozing the land and clearing away the huge rocks. I assumed the building supplies would show up the next day, yet I had a secret vision. A little park would do wonders for this community. A small lake, some ducks…a short walking path, a small playground…lots of flowers! Well, it’s not a park, but I was pleasantly surprised the day they planted a tree. One lone, misshapen but undeniable tree. Yeah! More oxygen! Kathryn and I have also taken great interest this week as it seems they have cleared more of the land for a garden of sorts…not sure what they are growing, but looks like a miniature farm plot. Not quite a park, but better than building construction!













See the little lone tree?

No comments: