Monday, August 27, 2007

My New Life In China: Kathryn's Photo Journal, Entry 1

Kathryn wants to introduce you to her new home! Here's her first in a series:

"The first and most important place I should show you is my favorite Ice Cream shop. They sell lots of other things too, but the ice cream is all I come here for."
















"Come on, Ellie, hold my hand and don't walk into that street!"




















"Don't we 2 look cute?"















"Here's one of my favorite snacks: they are little round cookie bites that melt in your mouth."















"Sometimes when my mom is too lazy to take the double stroller, Ellie has to ride on my lap. It's a real pain, as you can see."















"Across the street is a play area with these 2 rides. I asked my mom for MONTHS and MONTHS to ride them, and she NEVER had the right coins. This is the first day we got to."
















"We had to wait our turn but we met these 2 babies-- they were born just a few days apart."
















"The wait was finally over."
















"But we had to rush home because there was someone at the house delivering something. Here's something you see EVERYWHERE!"















"We didn't get to stay out for long, but I'll send you more pictures soon!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Tracie, your captions had me laughing out loud! As far as Drew knows, none of those "rides" moves since all I've ever let him do is sit in them while they're still! At least he has developed imagination. Glad you've managed to find the ice cream store, a necessity for every child! ;-)