Monday, January 29, 2007

Not-so-baby Ellie



I can't believe I'm going to attempt this today, especially when Jim is out of town. But I have no choice. Kathryn isn't the only one who wants to grow up around here-- So does my little baby Ellie! Oh, can't you stay a baby just a little bit longer??

Yes, Ellie is seeking a dramatic exit from her crib. I have seen her half-way out three times, and this last time she got stuck hanging from the top. SO, try as I may to delay the inevitable, she needs a big girl bed. And she's not even 2 yet!

So yesterday the girls and I hiked over to IKEA and bought her the same bed Kathryn has. And last night, after the girls went to bed I assembled it. So it's ready for her to use, but mommy is not ready. Things are going so well at bedtime now. Its so nice only having one to give encouragements, then warnings, then threats about staying in her bed. And in the mornings, we have such a great system. Kathryn wakes up and turns on their light and gives Ellie toys in her crib till mommy comes in, ready to tackle the day. So what time do you think we will all go to sleep tonight?



BYE BYE BABY, HELLO, BIG GIRL!









(Ok, we'll battle the bottle on another week!)

And, by the way, Kathryn is doing really well without her "ba". She and Scruffles have had some setbacks, but I think they are becoming better friends. The important thing is that the passie is history!

No comments: