Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It seems that a major transition for the Wallaces is coming soon. And, as it tends to go, when you think you might be leaving a place, you begin to notice things you didn't before. My summary of life here often focuses on the constant heat and how much we sweat. But today, I felt differently. Life on the equator seems precious today.

At 6:30am, I was standing outside in our courtyard and I could hear at least 4 different species of birds giving their morning wake up calls.

Later this morning I took our girls to the botanical gardens. Wildlife and plants most can only see in books were teeming all around us. Thousands of vivid flowers that the best photographer can't capture popped out at me.

While I was taking it all in, this phrase from a praise song kept playing over and over in my head. "You made it all. Said "Let there be!" And there was, all that we see." The simple power of those words! Somehow I want to unpack them, but I can't do any better than that. How great is our God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!" are the lyrics that come to mind...I often think about ALL things with breath praising God together. Wow, every living thing praising our Creator! and if we failed to do so...even the rocks crying out in worship of the Worthy One!